These are a couple recipes that illustrate what can be achieved if you use your imagination and your new found jello shot knowledge. Wonderful things can come out of this, trust me. Just because our examples may not seem appealing, you can still learn from them.
Chicken Soup for the Tastebudless
1 cup cold water
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 ½ cups chicken noodle soup
½ cup vodka
1. Pour cold water into a small saucepan and sprinkle with unflavored gelatin and stir well. Then allow to sit for about 3 minutes.
2. Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently and making sure that the gelatin dissolves. Immediately remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the vodka and chicken noodle soup, and stir until well combined.
4. Pour into your little cups and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours until firm. Yummy.
Keeping You Regular
One 3-ounce package grape Jello
1 cup water
1 cup prune juice
20 or more dried prunes
8 oz. shredded ExLax Chocolate
Makes 20 shots.
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a low boil.
2. Pour grape Jello into a medium heatproof bowl. Then add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Allow to cool.
3. Add the prune juice to the cooled mixture. Stir until well combined. Refrigerate in a bowl until thickened and slightly set. About 15 minutes.
4. Pour mix into your little cups. Put 2 -3 dried prunes into each shot. Chill until firm, about 4 – 6 hours.
5. Before serving, garnish the top of each shot with the shredded ExLax Chocolate.